Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $40,221 (2009) Grant Recipient: Pennington Presbyterian Church County: MercerMunicipality: Pennington
The church is in the Victorian Gothic Revival style and was completed in 1875. It serves as the centerpiece of a church campus that includes a fellowship hall, classrooms and offices. The property is bordered on two sides and in the rear by a substantial cemetery. This is the fourth building for this congregation on this site; the first church dated to the American Revolution and was once occupied by the Hessian army.
The 2009 Trust grant helped fund the preparation of a nomination to the National Register as well as construction documents for roof and masonry repairs to the house of worship.
For more information, visit: http://pennpres.org/history/