Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $4,168 (2005) Grant Recipient: Greenwich Friends Meeting County: CumberlandMunicipality: Greenwich
This Greenwich property has held a Friends Meeting since 1680. The current building dates to 1779. The wall at the Lower Meeting is believed to date from 1823 and was restored in 1950. The cemetery walls at the northern end of town are believed to date from the late 1820s. Changes in the surrounding grade, weather exposure, and the invasion of tree roots have cause significant deterioration to the walls, to the point of near collapse.
This Trust grant will assist the preparation of architectural plans, designs, specifications, and cost estimates for the restoration of the stone walls at the Lower Meeting House and the Orthodox cemetery. This work will help towards the preservation of Greenwich’s distinctive cultural landscape.
For more information, visit: http://www.historicgreenwichnj.org/places-of-worship.html