Grant Award: $40,000 (1991) Grant Recipient: Cranbury Historical & Preservation Society County: MiddlesexMunicipality: Cranbury
Located adjacent to a quiet millpond, this 1860 residence was originally home to the local gristmiller. The gristmill was a focus of community life during Cranbury's agricultural period. This well-preserved village is now a National Register historic district.
The Trust grant helped fund structural stabilization and exterior restoration. The house now serves as the headquarters of the Cranbury Historical and Preservation Society.
For more information, visit: http://www.cranburyhistory.org/hist_ctr/