Department of Military and Veterans Affairs

New Jersey Historic Trust Affiliated with the Department of Community Affairs

Grover House

Garden State Historic Preservation Trust Fund
Capital Preservation Grant Level II
Grant Award: $278,175 (2000)
Grant Recipient: Middletown Township
County: Monmouth
Municipality: Middletown Township

Grover House was constructed in 1750 and remained in the Grover family for seven generations, until the death of its last member in 1983. The house is one of four extant Dutch framed houses in Monmouth County and serves as an excellent example of other regional vernacular building practices. Grover House is located in Middletown, one of the oldest settled communities in the state.

The Trust grant helped fund the stabilization, restoration, and rehabilitation of the Grover House for use as a visitor center for Stevenson Park.

For more information. visit: http://www.middletownnj.org/content/middletownvillage.html


Back
to top