Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $27,338 Grant Recipient: Ukranian Orthodox Church County: SomersetMunicipality: Franklin
A portion of the Hendrick Fisher House is believed to be the oldest structure in Somerset County, built c. 1688 for William Dockwra. The building was substantially remodeled to its current Colonial Revival style exterior by then-owner Claude Goodsell in the early 20th century. The interior features Art Nouveau style wood paneling and inlaid flooring. The building is interpreted by the applicant for its association with Hendrick Fisher, a prominent local farmer and member of the State Assembly.
The building is maintained in excellent condition. The interior was restored in the late 1990s. The grant will help fund the preparation of a preservation plan that will address exterior restoration and accessibility improvements.
For more information, visit: http://www.uocofusa.org/fisher_house.html