Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $30,912 (2005) Grant Recipient: Township of Barnegat County: OceanMunicipality: Barnegat
Portions of the Mary Etta Cox House date to 1829 with a significant addition added around 1848. In 1904 the house underwent a substantial renovation. The resulting building illustrates a mix of Colonial Revival and Queen Anne features. The carriage house and barn are located behind the house and are in a severely deteriorated condition. The Township plans to better utilize the house for public functions and meetings.
The Trust grant helped fund the preparation of pre-design, schematic design, and construction documents for the stabilization and restoration of the carriage house and barn. Completion of this work will preserve these two buildings, which have been threatened with collapse.
For more information, visit: