Grant Award: $493,496 (1990) Grant Recipient: Old Barracks County: MercerMunicipality: Trenton
The Old Barracks was constructed in 1758 to house British colonial troops during the French and Indian War and is the last remaining colonial barracks in the country. In 1973, the Old Barracks was designated a National Historic Landmark.
The Trust grant helped fund replacement of outdated mechanical systems, installation of new barrier-free access and the restoration of interior finishes. The Old Barracks continues to serve as a living history museum of the Revolutionary period.
For more information, visit: www.barracks.org