Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $18,682 (2012) Grant Recipient: Passaic County County: PassaicMunicipality: Paterson
The Passaic County Court House was constructed between 1898 and 1903. It was designed by New York City architect Samuel Burrage Reed. The building is an excellent example of Classical Revival architecture. The Court House Annex was constructed in 1899 as the main post office for the City of Paterson and followed the design of architect Fred Wesley Wentworth. The building was designed in the Dutch Baroque Revival style. The county acquired the building in 1936 and the building was rededicated as the Passaic County Administration Building and annexed to the adjacent county court house.
The Trust grant helped fund the preparation of a National Register nomination for each building.
For more information, visit: www.passaiccountynj.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=442