Department of Military and Veterans Affairs

New Jersey Historic Trust Affiliated with the Department of Community Affairs

Prallsville Mill Saw Mill

Historic Preservation Bond Program
Garden State Historic Preservation Trust Fund
Capital Preservation Grant, Level II
Grant Award: $146,426 (1991); $49,129 (1993); $319,493 (2004)
Grant Recipient: Delaware River Mill Society
County: Hunterdon
Municipality: Stockton

/dca/njht/images/sitedetails/PrallsvilleMill_1_after_web.jpg

The Prallsville Mill complex dates to the early 1700s, and was a key component of this early industrial village.   The site and a nearby stone quarry was owned by John Prall, Jr. from 1790 to 1831 and was later associated with the Delaware and Raritan Canal in the late 19th century. Acquired by the state in 1973, the property has been leased to the applicant since 1982. 

The 2004 Trust grant helped fund the rehabilitation of this structure for use as an art gallery with space for public events and educational programs.

Earlier grants helped fund restoration work at the Gristmill, Grain Silo, and the structural stabilization of the Saw Mill.

For more information, visit: https://www.prallsvillemills.org/society

 


 

 

 


Back
to top