Department of Military and Veterans Affairs

New Jersey Historic Trust Affiliated with the Department of Community Affairs

Presbyterian Church of Chatham Township (Madison Masonic Lodge)

Garden State Historic Preservation Trust Fund
Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $23,557 (2005)
Grant Recipient: Madison Masonic Lodge No. 93
County: Morris
Municipality: Madison

The Presbyterian Church of Chatham Township was constructed in 1825 and was converted to a Masonic Temple in 1930. The oldest known brick building in Madison Borough, it is a good example of the Wren-Gibbs form of church architecture.

The 2005 Trust grant helped fund the preparation of a preservation plan, an important document for guiding future preservation efforts at the building. Specifically, the plan addressed structural concerns associated with the foundation.

For more information, visit: http://www.madisonlodge93.com/


Back
to top