Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $30,690 (2010) Grant Recipient: Westampton Township Historical Society County: BurlingtonMunicipality: Westampton
Constructed in 1877 as a lyceum, this brick building has continued to serve the public, also housing the town hall and, starting in 1925, the community's only fire house. When the fire company closed in the 1990s, the property became a community center. The structure reflects many renovations to serve the different uses: construction of two garage doors, a stair tower, side porch and rear kitchen.
The 2010 Trust grant helped fund the preparation of a preservation plan and National Register nomination. The work included original historic research, physical investigation of the site's architectural development, and condition and site assessments. The final report made recommendations on use and interpretation.
For more information, visit: http://www.rancocasnj.org/WTHS/index.html